Join Our Team
We are expanding our team and are excited to announce that we are looking for dynamic roles in multiple areas. We welcome young, passionate and creative people from across Africa and in the diaspora to apply. It does not matter your professional or educational background, as long as you are 18-35 and have time and can access the internet. We work virtually so most of the work will be done online.
Nala Feminist Collective is a Pan-African group of 17 feminists with a mission to foster, enable and mobilize young women from Africa and Diaspora, by bridging between policy and implementation, intergovernmental and grassroots spaces as well as generational gap.
Nala is guided by the Africa Young Women Beijing+25 Manifesto targeting the political, digital and offline spaces, and its areas of work are namely; Advocacy, Research and Fellowships. This project is powered by Afresist, the convening organization of Nala Feminist Collective.Open Applications Below
- Develop a comprehensive Press strategy for Nala along with an execution plan that meet acceptable benchmarks
- Coordinate the preparation and issuing of press/media releases, newsletters/mailers for actions and activities of Nala and its council
- Coordinate media engagement opportunities for Nala Council
- Develop media content in the form of opinion pieces, articles, blogs, and other content for Nala chair and council
- Coordinate work collaboratively with partners and their media and communications teams to prepare and deliver Nala content on their platforms and in their news channels
- Develop and manage a comprehensive database of media contacts across the continent and globally
- Coordinate the establishment of volunteers’ program for media and learning
- Supervise and manage staff, consultants and volunteers related to Press
- Carry out any other duties assigned to you by the Nala Chair
Qualifications & Attributes
- A university degree in the field of communication and media
- A deep understanding and signed Africa young women Beijing+25 manifesto
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team
- A track record and professional experience working with media
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and at least one other widely used language on the continent such as Arabic, French, Kiswahili or Portuguese
- Possess public speaking skills and be active on social media
Remuneration: $1,500 USD per month
Work Station: Remote | Home | Virtual
Closing Date: Applications closes on 31st August 2021
We are seeking a skilled Junior Webmaster to join our growing communications team. In this role, the webmaster will be responsible for managing our collective website content and presence, ensuring that our site is user-friendly and up to date at all times. The webmaster will also work with our digital lead to expand our presence through the design and implementation of new web-based applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and curate a website based on the WordPress CMS
- Monitor security and perform necessary updates for plugins and themes
- Update content to reflect current SEO trends
- Repair any broken links and fix any reported bugs
- Maintain VPS servers, optimizing website speeds
- Contribute to discussions on ways to improve functionality and usability
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with the comms team.
- Testing and improving the design of the website.
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance of a website by enforcing content standards.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding guidelines.
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes.
- Incorporate functionalities and features into websites.
- Enhancing User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI)
- Ensuring website function and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet
- Expansion of website and website tools into new project subdomains
Webmaster Requirements and Qualifications
- Diploma in computer science, any related field or self-taught;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in web design or web development field
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of (PHP, HTML, CSS and any other scripting languages)
- Capable of utilizing web content management systems, e.g. WordPress, Drupal, Joomla
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Experience in User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI)
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Demonstrable experience in graphic design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and PicMonkey
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Timeline: 1st August – 31st September 2021
Work Station: Remote | Home | Virtual
Closing Date: Applications close on July 15, 23:59 GMT